Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Tired!

I am very tired and sleepy.

I went to my sister Gem's yesterday to get my maternity pants taylored to my length. I only had 2 pairs of very casual pants that actually fit me before I went out and purchased a whole new winter wardrobe for my bigger pregnant body. When I was carrying Lauren, it was mostly during summer time. So shorts and tank tops were what I mainly wore. They will not suffice for winter and the holidays.

I found some cute stuff at Loehman's, Old Navy, and Motherhood Maternity. All the pants were too long for petite little me. Thus the trip to Gem's.

We were at Gem's from 1-9:30pm 'cuz she had so many other things she had to do. She is babysitting an adopted 13mo old African American toddler named Davey. He will be dropped off at Gem's for a month while his grandma recover from surgery. She was only able to work on my pants in between the cooking and caring of Davey and her 3 kids and another 3 kids of her friends that is staying at the house after they got back from school.

It was nice Lauren had another toddler to play with. However, I was not prepared to stay that long and thus didn't have the pack 'n play with me to put her down for her usual nap. I usually nap while she naps. I also ran out of energy and got too tired to focus on trying to put her down. She was very unhappy and became clingy and wanted me to play with her downstairs. She really just needed to go down for her nap. I was very sad to hear her cry the entire time, but too tired not to rest so that I could drive us home later in the night. I wished that my sister would've put her down, but she had to care for Davey and the other kids too.

All was better when I got up from my nap. Lauren survived the lack of a nap, but was tired enough to fall asleep as soon as I started driving us home. My pants were near perfect. Gem did a great job. I'm thankful! She also cooked a delicious meal of ribs, salmon, green beans, rice, and noodles.

I really don't know how she does it. But she does it. And I will have to do it too as our family grows. It must be God...

No comments: