Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Feeling a little clever!

Now that I'm in my more energetic months of my prego state, I've been getting creative again in getting better nutrition for the family. A few weeks ago, Ben brought Spanish rice home from work. It was yummy, but a little too loose grain to feed to Lauren without making a big mess! So I got this great idea of melting Tillamook(a mild cheddar-like) cheese into the rice, which made it stick together, making it easier to feed to her and getting the calcium she needs. She's not a huge milk drinker and not a huge cheese fan. Getting calcium in her has been a challenge. Yogurt has been a hit tho! I have seen her drink more in recent weeks. Thank God! When she turns 2 in a couple of weeks, we will need to start giving her 2% milk instead of whole milk.

Just getting back to eating and being able to prepare a more balanced meal is satisfying.

No comments: