Sunday, June 15, 2008

Father's Day

Today was my 3rd fathers day! It is a lot of work being a dad of two little ones but the rewards are smiles and lots of laughs (most of the time). I think Lauren still said happy birthday to me once or twice today - maybe when we had frozen yogurt at Costco?

We had a long night that started with Sophie having gas or being otherwise uncomfortable and crying for an hour or two. I think we went to sleep by 1 AM. So... we had a relaxing morning at home cleaning up, reading bible, and then some shopping at REI and Costco. Lauren didn't seem to want to lay down for a nap in the late afternoon so I took her for a jog in the stoller and she was out in 10 minutes. It is a sure fire way to get her to nap these days, and it is great because I get a workout in. Nicole was pretty tired when I got back (with Lauren still snoozing) so I took Sophie out front with me and read the paper while holding her and watching Lauren nap in the stroller. That way Nicole could rest and have a little time to herself. Then I watered the plants and gave them some miracle grow - looking forward to some tomatoes! We have some little limes getting started too:


We also have a improved Meyers Lemon tree that Nicole picked up at Osh. Mmmm.... improved lemons!

We ended the day with a home cooked dinner filled with stimulating conversation. I'll part with a sample:



1 comment:

Melissa said...

Too cute! Happy father's day. And Sophie--nice to see you, too! (I'm pretty sure that's what she was saying)